Sunday, November 9, 2008

Snowflake's first snow fall

It seems like it's been more like a Vegas fall than a Snowflake fall with the warm weather we've been having...then the last couple days just turned cold.  It's been really windy today.  I was cozied up with the kids reading some books trying to calm down for bed and heard something...

We ran to the front door and looked outside and all just about screemed when we saw SNOW falling!  Our first snowfall of the year.  

Mackenzie was soo cute.  The first words out of her mouth were "I am SO gonna have to thank Santa for this!

We couldn't believe it...the kids we so excited we grabbed a chair and blanket and sat in the only corner of the porch that wasn't getting wet and watched it fall.  

It took about another hour to get them calmed back down to actually fall asleep, but how can I blame them.  There is so much beauty in these sweet simple moments that God blesses us with that I'm sure the excitement anyone could have seen in their little faces matched the excitement their joy always brings to my heart...

1 comment:

Janus said...

yeah, you're finally blogging. It's really fun!!

Love you guys--
Grant, Janus and Alexis