Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kenzie's New Style

About 2 weeks ago, after I had styled Mackenzie's hair, she started talking about wanting to have her hair cut like Violet Beauregarde from the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So, last Thursday I took her out to shop for Kohler's birthday and surprised her with a hair apt to get it cut. Even though I was the one that made the apt, I still wasn't sure I was really ready to let her do it since we'd been growing it out for so long (Honestly~I really don't know why I'm so attached to my kids hair) but she really wanted to and even used the argument, "It's just hair Mom. It can always grow back." How can I argue that!?!

Here's a picture of her new doo...after we styled it the next day she told me, "I am SO likin' my new style!!" And I have to admit I think it looks ADORABLE on her, and in a way easier to do. What do you know...we both lucked out!


(Please try to look past the fingerprints...not matter how many times I wipe them off they just show right back up)

7 comments:

Janus said...

her hair is really cute. I'm one of those mom's that attatched to Alexis' hair. Last week we got 3 1/2 inches cut off Alexis' hair. She wasn't happy but now I think she likes it.

Tell Mackenzie that her new 'do' is pretty darn cute.

Love ya-
Janus

PS How's the quilt's going?

Mom W. said...

We love it! She looks quite the sophisticate.

Love to you all,
Mom - Nana

melinda said...

What a cute hair cute! She looks adorable! Happy Thanksgiving!

Evvie Turley said...

She looks adorable! I LOVE the new do!!

rachwheel said...

Adorable!! Love it!

Michelle said...

Hey cousin! I just ran across your blog - fun! Your kids are way too adorable. Hope you're well!

Melis said...

I can't believe I just found you. I sent you an invite to mine.