Monday, November 10, 2008

Catchup

Since I'm just getting this started there is one event that definitely warrants a blog post...

Wednesday (9/24/08) I got a call from the nurse at Mackenzie's school saying she fell and hit her head on the merry-go-round at recess and got a huge goose egg on her forehead. She never lost consciousness so they weren't concerned that it was bad enough to take her to the doctor. So I took her home and iced it...the only thing she was worried about was missing a birthday party that day. Well Saturday she work up with 2 black eyes...Sunday was even worse...so to make her feel better I put some green sparkly makeup on her eyes and tried to cover up the bruise on her forehead. Then I gave me a bruise (with makeup) on my forehead, darkened my eyes a little, and even gave Kohler a black eye so we could take some attention from her. Well after sacrament that day about 10 people came up and asked what happened to all of us...thinking if all 3 of us were hurt we must have been in a bad accident together. So much for trying to make things more subtle.


I didn't think to get pictures of all three of us but here are some of Kenz:


The next morning


Three days later...


Four Days Later...


One week after the accident...


She had school pictures the next day and was worried about having "rainbow eyes" in her pictures. I paid an extra $6 for them to touch up the picture. Here's how it came out...

They did a really good job seeing it has now been almost 2 months since the accident and she still has faint discoloring under both of her eyes...and beautiful as ever!

2 comments:

Nathan Wheeler said...

Have you taken Mackenzie to the doctor to check it out at all? I know that when Steph broke her nose she got black eyes and when she got it fixed the black eyes lasted more than a month. I don't want to worry you, but thought you should know.

rachwheel said...

That doesn't look too good...wonder if she got some internal bleeding. Strange that it showed up a few days after.
I'm glad she it healed alright.